Friday, June 19, 2015

BUSINESS SPECIAL INDIAS HOTTEST BUSINESS LEADERS 40 AND UNDER 1TO3

BUSINESS SPECIAL INDIAS HOTTEST BUSINESS LEADERS 40 AND UNDER

1.                 Nishant Rao, 36


Managing Director, LinkedIn India
Education: MIT Sloan (MBA); University of Texas at Austin (Computer Science)
 Previous Jobs: LinkedIn, McKinsey & Co, Ariba, Epicenter, Microsoft Claim to fame: Founded India's first voicebased call centre in the late 90s
Success to me is: Being able to look myself in the eye and say that I truly gave it my best shot, irrespective of the actual outcome
My favourite people: My two year old, who is helping me re-learn the zest for life
What I wanted to be when I was 20 years old: A successful software developer starting my journey as a continuous learner
One thing I would like to change about myself: Live more in the present.
How I unwind: Spending time with my family, listening to music, watching sports & comedy on TV
My favourite book: Good to Great, Tuesdays with Morrie
My favourite movies: 3 Idiots, My Cousin Vinny
My favourite sport: Cricket & American football (NFL)
ETCD19JUN15
2.             Jairam Sridharan, 40


President, Retail Lending and Payments, Axis Bank
Education: IIT Delhi (Chem. Engg.), IIM Calcutta (PGDM)
Previous Jobs: ICICI Bank, Capital One Inc
Claim to fame: Led the transformation of Axis into a retail bank
Best advice anybody gave me: Finish what you start, Shikha Sharma
How I unwind: I read ­ about 40 books a year--literary fiction, business, behavioral economics, politics. Traveling with my family
Success to me is: Making my parents proud and moving the needle ­ making an impact on my business, my bank, the industry, society at large
My favourite people: Warren Buffett ­ for his intellect, clarity of thought and folksy wit; M.S.Dhoni ­ for his leadership skills, his composure under pressure
What did I want to be when I was 20 yrs old: Anything but a chemical engineer!
If there is one thing I would like to change about myself ...Talk less, listen more
My favourite book: Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie and The Harry Potter series
My favourite movie: This year ­ Margarita with a Straw
ETCD19JUN15


3.Neeraj Arora, 39


Managing Director, Global Service Provider, Cisco Consulting Services, Asia-Pacific and Japan
Education: Delhi College of Engineering (BE), IIT Delhi (MBA)
Previous Jobs: McKinsey & Co, ABB
Claim to fame: Incubated a disruptive digital consulting business in Cisco APJ (fastest growing worldwide); selected as Cisco `Catalyst' top 0.5% of Directors globally
Best advice anybody gave me: My mentor at McKinsey advised me to be like a `Michelangelo while sculpting David', focusing on learnings from every opportunity
Success to me is: Creating a sense of purpose and meeting my goals at work, home, community and self
My favourite people: My parents for their `anything is possible with self-belief' attitude
What I wanted to be when I was 20 years old: As an engineer, I wanted to excel at architecting and implementing mega transformation projects
One thing I would like to change about myself: Greater work-life harmony
How I unwind: Nothing beats a round of badminton, particularly with my wife and our little champ
My favourite book: All-time favorite is Tagore's `Where the Mind is Without Fear'.
I aspire to lead my life based on the Karma yoga as professed in the Bhagvad Gita
ETCD19JUN15


No comments: