Wednesday, December 14, 2016

CEO SPECIAL .....Success is around the corner

Success is around the corner


AMARJIT SINGH BATRA, CEO, OLX India

MANAGING WORK-LIFE BALANCE
Start the day early and finish early to avoid wasting time in traffic. Work hard for few months and then take time off with your family. Taking out time in the week for exercising, avoiding events and parties and keeping in touch with friends through social media, are some of my tactics to keep a healthy work-like balance. The best de-stresser is a game of squash. Hitting the ball hard is cathartic.

FITNESS FUNDA
Fitness isn't just about the body ­ it's for the mind and the soul. Reading and learning new things helps in keeping the mind fit. Playing a sport or working out keeps the body fit.

ENERGY HIGH AND HAPPINESS
High energy comes from integrity and ethics, working along with a passionate team apart. At home, it comes from creating memorable moments with my family.

RISK-TAKER OR MICRO PLANNER
I'm more of a risk taker.Whenever one attempts a risky project, it is more rewarding. At the same time, it's difficult to take risks when there is something to lose. So I consciously push myself if I feel I am being risk averse.

SPIRITUAL DIET
I often listen to Gurbani (hymns) and read metaphysical books.

HANDLING FAILURE AND SUCCESS
Being an avid squash player and sportsman, I treat failure as a learning experience.What I've learnt from playing sports and my professional life is that success is always around the corner if one doesn't give up. My mantra is that we should strive to bounce back every time we fall. I look at success as something temporary. Instead of gloating, my focus is to work hard and be thankful for the luck and be grateful for those who have helped me.

CRISIS MANAGEMENT
Shift to a high response mode but avoid reacting immediate ly. Let the first few hours go be cause any problem at hand looks much bigger than it does in hindsight. Be imagi native. Most impor tantly, do not get angry. Use hu mour to lighten things up. Every crisis gives an opportunity to learn and re flect on how you could have handled things better.

I BELIEVE The best is yet to come. It makes me focus on improving things and not look at past successes or failures.

TL 11DEC16 

No comments: