Wednesday, July 1, 2015

BUSINESS SPECIAL.................. INDIA’S HOTTEST BUSINESS LEADERS 40 AND UNDER Nos.34 TO 36

INDIA’S HOTTEST BUSINESS LEADERS 40 AND UNDER Nos. 34 TO 36

34.Kapil Bharati, 37


Co-founder & CTO, Delhivery
Education: IIT Delhi
Previous Jobs: HT Media, Sapient
Claim to fame: As co-founder at Delhivery, built the products and the tech backend to scale our business to over 120,000 shipments a day
Best piece of advice anybody gave me: One of my mentors introduced me to the concept of Three Ds in the early years of my professional life Decide, Delegate, Delete.
My favorite people: Steve Wozniak, William Shatner (as Captain Kirk)
What I wanted to be when I was 20 years old: My final year B.Tech project involved building a software to monitor the health of turbines installed at nuclear power plants.This software was demoed at BARC and later deployed at few locations. I was very excited with the whole experience and was very clear that I would like to continue to develop software products
What do I want to be when I'm 50: Keep building more exciting products
If there is one thing I would like to change about myself: Spend more time with my kid
My favorite book: Amitav Ghosh's Ibis Trilogy. Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash and Osamu Tezuka's Buddha series

35.Mehul Mohanka, 40


Director Global Business & Chief Strategy Officer, Tega Industries
Education: BCom (Hons), MCom, MBA
Previous Jobs: Poly Hi Solidur
Claim to fame: Building a Global portfolio for Tega
Best piece of advice anybody gave me: My father, “Trust is good, Control is better“.
My favorite people: My father, Bill Gates, General George Patton Jr
What I wanted to be when I was 20 years old: Always wanted to be an entrepreneur
What I want to be doing when I'm 50: Championing Tega's growth trajectory.
How I unwind: Playing a sport, training in the gym
My favourite Book: Barbarians at the Gate by Bryan Burrough & John Helyar

36.Neel Raheja, 40


Group President, K Raheja Corporation
Education: LLB, MCom, Harvard
Claim to fame: Launched the group's hotel and mall business
Best piece of advice anybody gave me: Keep seeking advice and learning all the time, from my father Chandru Raheja
Role models: Warren Buffet, Steve Jobs & Sam Zell
What I wanted to be at 20: A globally successful real estate player
What I want to be at 50: Keep reinventing myself, a successful investor and a philanthropist
One thing I would like to change about myself: Be a better time manager
How I unwind: Sports, outdoor activities (skiing, diving , treking) and playing the guitar

ETCD19JUN15


No comments: