Saturday, June 7, 2014

WOMAN SPECIAL ....................... Work-Life Balance "Switch off from work once home"



Work-Life Balance ..."Switch off from work once home"

PALLAVI CHOKSI Managing Partner, PINAKIN Design

 MANAGING WORK-LIFE BALANCE
I believe to live a full life `work hard and party hard'. My profession is very demanding, but I like to have the mornings for myself. I enjoy `me' time during which I plan my entire day and the evenings with family. I am lucky to be able to switch off when I come home and keep away from my mobile. I look forward to the weekends as we take off to our farm house in Pavana, where I enjoy complete tranquillity watching the lake and mountains. I take periodic short holidays through the year to refresh. I have three dogs and I often go for a walk with them; it gives me happiness. Trying to live a life of bal ance requires constant adjustment with your goals. Enjoy the journey and find harmony in your life.

KEY TO FITNESS
Fitness to me is like breathing. It is extremely important as I start my day with two glasses of warm water and lime as a detox. I spend an hour at the gym. This hour also gets me thinking and my creative juices are flowing at their best. I often design spaces while running on the treadmill. I run at marathons too and it gives me an emotional high. Letting your mind control your body requires great discipline. I try to work out at least 5 days a week. I'm currently training to run my second marathon in 2015.

ENERGY HIGH
I'm lucky to be in a profession that I simply love; it is my driving force. A good day at work energises me and brings me happiness which I exude all the time.

RISK-TAKER OR A MICRO-PLANNER?
I believe in following my gut. I live in the moment, I am also a risk taker. I feel when you plan too much in detail, you tend to worry about everything and stop enjoying the small things in life.

SPIRITUAL DIET
Happiness and no self-pity! I believe it is good to be a bit selfish.
It is important to love yourself which is the key to being happy.

HANDLING FAILURE/SUCCESS
 To me, failures are stumbling blocks that are meant to enrich your experiences; they lead to higher understanding and balance. Also, being grounded is extremely important, especially with success.

CRISIS MANAGEMENT MANTRA
The mantra is to stay calm, which automatically helps your mind find solutions. I try not to react instantly and instead absorb the situation first, and the mind will start churning out solutions. It works all the time.
nona.walia TL 140601

No comments: