Saturday, August 26, 2017

CEO SPECIAL..... `Win people over, and trust your gut'

`Win people over, and trust your gut'


ANANTH NARAYANAN CEO, Myntra & Jabong

BALANCING WORK-LIFE:
I strongly believe that one needs to manage energy, not time. Running an e-commerce firm can be a 24X7 job ­ there is always one more problem to solve. I try and be there with my family for the moments that matter.
HAPPINESS & ENERGY HIGH:
At work, apart from problem-solving and creativity, I also enjoy mentoring young colleagues ­ it's terrific to see people progress and develop over time. At home, spending time with my family is real happiness.
DARE QUOTIENT:
When we bought Jabong, it was a large acquisition and the entire process took only a few days ­ doing a deal of that size in a short time frame was a dare moment for me.
WINNING TRICK:
Win people over. Identify the right people for the right role ­ it's the key to success. Also, sometimes, you have a gut instinct about someone. Trusting that has helped me.
ONE THING I ALWAYS SAY NO TO:
Any transgression of values; they are sacrosanct. Violating them `a little' will result in a downward spiral. Lack of performance can be remedied, not lack of values.
LIFE LESSONS LEARNT:
Hard work and perseverance are essential for success. So is an openness to lifelong learning. The world is changing around us. Technology is causing exponential change ­ be open to learning and continuously add to your skill set.
SPIRITUAL DIET:
Meditating for 15 minutes a day. Playing with my kids. Focusing on whatever activity it is that you are engaged in at the current moment.
SUCCESS VS FAILURE:
I think you need to be zen-like about both.They key is to reflect and learn from both but not be emotionally attached to either.
Nona Walia

TL20AUG17

No comments: